Position Description: Georgia Retail Association Membership Director
Reports To: Vice President, Membership
Position Home Base: Atlanta, Georgia Metro Area
This position is responsible for growing Georgia Retail Association (GRA) memberships (which includes Georgia Home Furnishing Association), products and services to members and prospective non-member businesses by communicating the benefits of GRA as well as retaining current membership. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Membership.
- Contact, acquire and recruit new members
- Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals
- Actively seek new businesses and follow up appropriately
- Maintain knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by association
- Keep members informed of membership benefits, events, etc.
- Cross sell products and services to existing members
- Actively support and participate in association events and programs
- Retain existing members, products and services
- Encourage participation and retention in the association
- Plan and coordinate quarterly membership meetings and attend staff meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Membership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have previous sales experience
- Strong organization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter with a professional appearance
- Willingness to travel entire State of Georgia to meet current and prospective members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
- Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment
- Ability to work from home
- Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
This full time position offers a competitive salary commensurate to experience plus bonus potential. In addition, paid medical and dental will be offered in addition to participation in company’s 401(k) plan.